Why Choose an apprenticeship with Costain?
- A structured development programme, including academic study and experience, leading to a Certificated Apprenticeship
- Support to achieve Professional Membership of a relevant institution
- Competitive salary with two pay reviews per year
- Work opportunities in a diverse range of market sectors and locations
- You’ll be part of a new and exciting career development programme within one of the UK’s Most Admired Companies.
How to apply
The main intakes for the Costain Apprenticeship programme are during the summer months for a start at college in September, but there are other opportunities available throughout the year.
To view the current Apprenticeships available and to apply to be considered for the Costain Apprentice programme, please click here
Costain Career World on Plotr
Plotr is a free to use service aimed at 11-to 24-year-olds and combines valuable input from careers advisers, youth organisations, teachers, leading technology and social media companies, and hundreds of young people to create an innovative and informative careers advice platform.
Now in its third year, we launched a ‘Costain Career World’ which highlights the sectors in which Costain operates, together with the job roles available within our organisation.
The jobs comprise a mix of entry level and aspirational roles, from construction, engineering, business administration and accountancy. The site also offers advice on how to get started, what skills are needed, what qualifications are required and what salary might be expected.
How to apply for an apprenticeship with Costain:
Log onto the Costain Apprentice portal by clicking here and select the Apprenticeship you wish to apply for and tell us a little about yourself
If you meet the requirements you will be invited for an interview. You may be asked to prepare a presentation – don't worry you will be given plenty of time to prepare!
You will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application within 2 weeks – further information on the next steps will then be communicated to you
How to prepare for an interview:
- Make sure you read through all the information about us on our website about us and how we work, but more specifically, the information provided about the scheme you're applying for
- Understand the key competencies and behaviours we're looking for
- Think about your own strengths, how they fit into the role (and Costain), and try to think of examples of how you have successfully used these in the past
- We want to see your energy, enthusiasm and passion for becoming a Costain apprentice, so make sure you know how to show us your motivation
National Apprenticeship Week
Being an Apprentice